a project of Media Working Group
Gender Chip Project Curriculum Goal
Encourage use of the documentary film, The Gender Chip Project, to increase
the possibility, interest, and persistence of girls and young women in
the study of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Overall Curriculum Objectives
- Develop an understanding of the educational preparation necessary
for entering STEM fields.
- Increase awareness of effective support measures for women pursuing
a degree in the STEM fields.
- Develop personal and educational empowerment skills for young women.
- Create a forum for studying the contributions to STEM of women throughout
- Develop STEM career understanding and options from the vantage points
of several young women followed in the film.
- Increase awareness of possible careers and career paths in the STEM
- Expand career decision-making skills for young women and their mentors.
- Enhance formative assessment skills so that young women and their
mentors may continually identify learning strengths and hurdles.
- Promote increased knowledge of effective support measures for young
women pursuing STEM careers.
- Develop sensitivities for students of both genders to career options
decision-making for girls and women